Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Battle to Read

Meredith, you like to read and enjoy stories, but you are lazy at it when it comes to just picking up a book and reading.

Love, Mom

Just kidding.  You are not opposed to reading, but it seems when you are asked to read or HAVE to read you will do just about anything to get out of it.  You have a #1 most used reason you can't read rightnow.

I will also say before I provide the list, you do sit down and maybe get through a paragraph or a sentence or 2 but I don't think you are reading. I think you are generating excuses to stop.   You can't find a better excuse so you use the same one every time. 

Okay, here goes!!

The Scenario: 
Mom - 'You need to read'
Mere - Not speaking ina very put out manner, grab the book and go to a room which I AM NOT IN and pretend to read
Mere - You then drum up a very questionable expression on your face as you walk your self without a book to the kitchen
Mom - 'Why are you not reading?'
Mere - This is your speaking part 'Mom, I've not eaten at all today and I am starving'

One of 2 things takes place now.   You either:
A:  Eat and forget to read until you are reminded again
B:  You eat so slowly you claim to not have time to read because I said you could have a snack

The Curse:
I hope you have one just like you.

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment