Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mississippi Mud

We also went here……Mississippi Mud Island/Museum.  It was TOTALLY COOL!!!!! I have to correct myself here and now when I say ‘life sized replica of the MS River’ because a life sized version of the Mississippi is the Mississippi River.  The correct way to describe this is to say this is an exact scale model of the lower Mississippi river flowing from its joining with the Ohio River at Cairo IL and then 954 miles south to the Gulf of Mexico. 
 
I kept screwing it up so DOH!! Sorry.
 
You walked the length of this portion of the Mississippi river.  Totally cool.  Take your kids here someday and don’t do what I did.  I forbid you guys getting wet.  Other kids were bathing in it but I said no b/c of chafing and a mess and a goaty smell from you.  I regret that now.  I am sorry. 
 
We also rode the monorail over to the museum because it is in fact an island. It was that or walk on foot over there and it was REALLY LONG!!!
 
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment